This year, our sell out event, Explorathon Extravaganza, is back and bigger than ever! For one night only you can explore the multi-award winning Riverside Museum as never before.
Fill your night with curiosity as you wander along the old street. Find researchers in shops and explore interactive activities amongst the exhibits.
- Try your hand at detecting invisible bacteria found in food
- Discover how we’re making skin to give robots the sense of touch.
- Put your brain to the test with our mind-bending illusions in our Perception Corner.
- Become the Health Minister and decide where the government should invest.
- Find out what your favourite piece of music tells us about your brain! And much much more!
Be sure to visit our ‘Passport Control Area’ to find out if you are a super-face-recogniser. Learn about face recognition science; take part in real psychological experiments using eye tracking technology with researchers from the Universities of Strathclyde and Stirling.
Take part in our social media competition and tell us what you would research if you were a researcher, with even more prizes to be won by becoming an ‘Images of Research’ super sleuth; find all the images on the trail to win a prize!
Stay up to date with the event on Facebook.
See some highlights of last year’s events here:
The Glasgow Children’s University will be there to validate children’s ‘passports for learning’ for taking part in activities outside school hours. So come along and add another stamp to your passport!