- When: Thursday 26 November 2020 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Admission: Admission Free
- Booking: Booking required
- Booking URL: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/125656878105
- Venue Name: Online - Microsoft Teams
The influence of Christianity is evident throughout Scottish communities; in social, linguistic, cultural and occupational contexts.
In September 2019, Dr Frances Wilkins of the University of Aberdeen Elphinstone Institute started working on her latest research project, exploring the sacred singing traditions of the West Highlands and Western Isles. Frances has been interviewing and recording singers from a variety of backgrounds across the region.
Join Frances as she outlines the role of religious singing within Scottish faith communities in the Western Isles and Northern Scotland, showcases a range of musical clips, and discusses singing’s role in influencing the identity of these areas.
Contact Email: email@example.com